About the Repository
Wyoming Scholars Repository (WySR) is a service offered by the University of Wyoming Libraries dedicated to preserving and providing open access to the scholarly, intellectual, and creative works of the University of Wyoming. WySR provides open access to works produced by University of Wyoming faculty, researchers, and students. The goals of WySR are to increase the visibility of UW’s scholarship, encourage collaboration and innovation, and contribute to the ongoing development of new knowledge.
UW Libraries will work in partnership with university departments, programs, centers, and individual faculty members to select, submit, and manage repository content. Members of the academic community are invited to contribute their completed scholarship for long-term preservation and worldwide electronic accessibility. Archiving content in WySR is free and allowed by many publishers. Faculty and researchers may also choose to create a SelectedWorks homepage to highlight and share their scholarship with colleagues.
Examples of content housed in WySR:
- peer-review electronic journals
- annual reports
- conference papers and proceedings
- published articles (pre-print,post-print, and publisher's PDF version)
- working papers
- gray matter
- and more
Content archived in WySR is:
- more discoverable by search engines such as Google.
- indexed and searchable in the Digital Commons Network, a database of networked institutional repositories.
- openly accessible to researchers around the world who may have limited access to scholarly materials.
- preserved for access in the future
Contact Information and FAQ's:Visit our FAQ's page for more detailed information about Open Access and related issues.
If you have specific questions about WySR contact Chad Hutchens (307-766-5560) in the UW Libraries' Digital Collections Office at or your Library Liaison.